- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
There’s nothing better than a Caesar salad! The dressing is creamy, garlicy, salty from the anchovies and a little kick from the lemon and red wine vinegar! I like my salad kinda dry and not drenched in dressing!
- 1 tin anchovies
- 200mL olive oil
- 50mL red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled
- several dashes of Worcestershire shire
- 1 coddled egg (boiled 4 minutes)
- white pepper to taste
- 200g bacon, fried and then chopped
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, washed, dry and tear into bite size pieces
- black olives (optional)
- 100g Parmesan cheese, grated
Bung the first 8 ingredients together (from the anchovies to the egg) in a blender and blend until smooth.
In a mixing bowl, add 4-5 leafs of lettuce, 3 tablespoons of bacon, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, and enough dressing to lightly coat the lettuce leaves, about 1-1.5 tablespoons of dressing. Mix until the lettuce is coated with the dressing.
Plate up. Decorate with some black olives. Enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe