Homemade guacamole is easy to make and tastes alot better than the store bought variety. It’s basically avocado, coriander and lemon juice. To spice it up, you can add tomato, chilies, etc.
- 5 small ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons of finely sliced spring onion
- 1-2 chilies, finely chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, seed and pulp removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of coarsely chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- generous pinch of salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out the avocado meat from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon of lime juice and toss to prevent the avocado from browning.
Use a fork to roughly mash the avocado. The guacamole should be a slightly chunky.
Add the spring onion, tomato, coriander, salt and pepper and mix well.
Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Serve with tortilla chips.