Easy to make slut’s spaghetti (spaghetti alla puttanesca)2013-12-14
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
…or to put it crudely as Nigella Lawson would call it, slut’s spaghetti. As I’ve said before, anything with tomato sauce and I’m hooked. This is the perfect pantry dish as all the ingredients can be had from the pantry, from the olives, tomato sauce, to the spaghetti! It’s also very economical as the most expensive ingredient is the olives! Another plus is that it’s the perfect dish to serve your vegetarian friends!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 jar of black olives (290g), pitted and sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 container anchovies (53g)
- 1 containers tomato sauce (500g)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- grated Parmesan to garnish
- 500g cooked spaghetti, really al dente
Heat a large skillet on medium high heat.
Add the onion and sauté until the onion start to soften.
Add the garlic, anchovy and chili and fry until the the onion has softened and the anchovy has melted.
Add the olives and capers and fry for about 2 minutes.
Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, mustard to the sauce and bring it to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
Toss the cooked spaghetti in the sauce and serve with a garnish of grated Parmesan and some bread to wipe your plate clean! 🙂