Montreal smoked meat2013-09-10
- 4.5 tablespoons curing salt
- 4 tablespoons of packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of ground coriander
- 3kg of beef brisket
Combine the dry spices. Rub onto the meat and massage it into the meat. Place the meat in a plastic bag and into a big enough container to catch the juice.
Refridgerate for one week. Turn the meat over once daily.
Smoke the meat in the Bradley smoker with your choice of smoke bisquette for 4 hours.
Remove the meat from the smoker and cook in a preheated oven at 150 degrees for 2 hours.
Allow the meat to rest at room temperature before slicing thinly. Serve on rye bread with mustard. Enjoy!